Our transportation department takes the responsibility of safely picking up and delivering our children to and from home and school-sponsored events very seriously. We require all of our bus drivers to participate in training courses and hold a commercial driver license (CDL). And certainly, a bit of experience in off-roading is a big plus with our winter road conditions!
We consider the opportunity of riding the bus a privilege and require all bus riders to obey the driver's instructions and adhere to the bus rules. We reserve the right to suspend students from bus riding if found in violation of the rules.
- Our drivers may assign seats
- Keep the aisle clear
- Remain in the same seat until the bus stops
- Keep all body parts inside the bus
- Do not throw objects
- Talk quietly – don't yell or use vulgar or abusive language
- Be courteous
- No weapons, smoking, chewing tobacco, alcohol, or drugs
- Maintain orderly conduct on the bus
- No food or drinks on the bus
- Keep the bus clean; use the trash can on the bus
- After boarding the bus, students may not exit until their designated stop.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself
Please contact us with questions or if you are interested in becoming a bus driver. We require all bus driver applicants to have a valid AZ driver's license for at least one year, plus perform AZ MVD and Navajo Nation background checks within the past five years.