Join our team! We seek qualified, caring personnel to join us in educating the children of our community. You can, and will, make a difference here!
We hope you’ll consider employment at Piñon USD, an incredible opportunity to become the best educator you can be. Far from the bustling and hectic city life, we offer a calm, serene setting, while still keeping connected with the modern world through technology. Please visit our Job Postings page to see what we have available. Then, visit our Job Descriptions page to be sure that you have the qualifications we’re looking for before you apply for a position. We look forward to hearing from you!
All documents submitted become the property of Piñon Unified School District No. 4. We do not return documents submitted with applications, so please be sure to keep a copy of your documents for your personal records. Also, please use the certified application checklist to help with the application process.
The following documents are required to determine qualification and eligibility for a job interview:
- Background Questions (Form 1)
- Consent to Conduct Background Investigation and Release (Form 2)
- Official College Transcript - Unofficial copies are sufficient until hired.
- Copy of your Arizona Educator Certificate or proof of eligibility for Arizona Educator Certification. For more information, visit website: www.azed.gov/educator-certification.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card – As part of the employment process, it will be necessary for you to obtain an Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card. For more information, visit website: https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/fingerprint.
PUSD requires all certified applicants to meet the Arizona Department of Education Educator Certification and Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card requirements.
Housing may be available for certified personnel.
- PUSD Classified Application
- Letter of Interest and Resumé
- Three (3) Letter of Recommendations (current, within the past year)
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Official Transcripts - Unofficial copies are sufficient until hired; at the time of employment, an official set will be required
- Copy of AZ Teacher Certificate. If out-of-state, proof of eligibility for AZ Certificate. For more information, visit website: http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification
- Current Navajo Nation Criminal History Report (10 years) - Can be obtained at Window Rock Police Department Information Management Section in Window Rock, AZ. For more information, call 928-871-7621.
- AZ Department of Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card - As part of the employment process, it will be necessary for you to obtain an Arizona Department of Public Safety (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card. For more information visit website: https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/fingerprint
- Other credentials or certification required in the job description for position applying for
Also, please use the classified application checklist to help with the application process.
Please be aware of the following requirements for all employees at Piñon Unified School District #4:
We require certified applicants to meet the Arizona Department of Education teacher certificate and fingerprint card requirements.
We require classified applicants to meet the fingerprint card requirements.
Paraprofessionals and Substitutes
We require applicants to meet the fingerprint card requirements and the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- Associate’s degree, or 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university, or pass an Arizona State approved paraprofessional exam.
We require applicants to have a valid AZ Driver's License for at least one year, an AZMVD, Navajo Nation background check within the past five years, and a fingerprint clearance card.
We seek candidates who meet qualifications established by the AIA. We do not require coaching candidates to hold a teaching certificate. Candidates without teaching certification must obtain a fingerprint clearance card and pass the following tests:
- Concussion in Sports (free)
- Fundamentals of Coaching – sports specific (fee required)
- First Aid (fee required)
You may take the courses and exams online at the NFHS Learning Center.
Piñon USD will administer the first aid exam, or you may take it online for a nominal fee.