The Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps teaches students to be goal achieving Cadets. In the process of becoming a Cadet, Cadets learn six core abilities:
- Building a capacity of life long learning
- Communicate by using verbal and non-verbal, visual and written techniques
- Taking responsibility for actions and choices
- Do their share as a good citizen in their school, community, country and the world
- Treat self and others with respect
- Apply critical thinking techniques.
Affiliated with the U.S. Army, JROTC aims “to instill in students…the values of citizenship, service to the United States, and personal responsibility and a sense of accomplishment” (U.S. Code, Title 10, Section 2031).
Our students participate in competitions throughout the year, demonstrating skills in Academics, Leadership, Drill, Color Guard, Physical Fitness, Orienteering, and Rifle Marksmanship.
Providing a quality citizenship, character, and leadership development program, while fostering partnerships with communities and educational institutions.
"Motivating young people to be better citizens"